Sunday, April 12, 2009

April Blessing

And what usually happens April 1st. You get fooled. This April first I was blessed. I was at Curves just beginning to work out when my cell rang. I missed it per usual. But it was Matt and I left him a message to call me if it was urgent otherwise I would call after my workout. Quickly he returned my call and tole me Stacy was to have a C-section that night. They had tried to turn the baby(she was breech) and Stacy went into labor. They were waiting for an operationg room so there would be time to get there before the baby was born. Liz, Stacy's mom, was there. Bryan asked Matt to call when Stacy went into labor, he agreed. We waited for Miranda to get to SL from Provo then went out to dinner across the street from IMC at Mimi's. Just as we started dinner, Liz callled to say Stacy had been in the OR for about an hour. Matt had apparently not remembered to call. I wonder why?!!!! Then the call came that we had a baby. Liz said Stacy had requested a while to just be with the baby. So we finished dinner, and when we got to the hospital Stacy was ready to have company. She was tired but so mindful of all of us who wanted to hold the sweetest baby ever born. She was gracious and generous with sharing Miss Kalianna Dace Carroll with all her adoring relatives the whole time they stayed at the hospital. I was able to see her every day until discharge on Sunday. Then Miranda and I were privileged to help the new family pack up and go home. I cried as they drove off as I am as I write this. It is amazing to be a Grandma/Nana, I hated to see them drive all the way!!! to Layton. IMC was so close. But I reveled in the beautiful family they had become with their little girl. Stacy's smile as she looked at Kalianna, Matt's care of Stacy and his daughter are memories I will cherish. Then this past Friday I got to spend the day with Stacy and Kali. I determined not to be a baby hog. But I needn't have worried. Stacy shares Kali generously. And I was able to again store memories of Stacy loving her baby. I feel so blessed by my Heavenly Father for this son and daughter and their sweet little girl. I have such abundant blessings. Alice Kersiek once said she didn't know why she had been blessed to be in this place and time when so many others are not so blessed. I do not know either but I am eternally grateful. And now some pictures if I can figure it out before midnight. PS: It only took until 10:59 PM. Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment